Facilities & Transport Manager
Embassy of Ireland, Sierra Leone
Our mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well- being of Ireland and its people. We do this under the political direction of our Ministers,
through our staff at home and through our Embassy network abroad.
The Embassy of Ireland in Sierra Leone is seeking a responsible and experienced individual to join our team as Facilities Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
• Management of building infrastructure, including generators, water pumps, and ICT systems; • Maintenance of office inventories;
• Procurement of office supplies in strict accordance with Government of Ireland policies;
• Monitoring invoices and negotiating discounts;
• Management of embassy vehicle fleet including servicing, inspection and safety checks;
• Monitoring of fuel consumption;
• Day to day supervision of support staff.
Duties may vary according to the requirements of the Embassy and may include other tasks as assigned by the Senior Management Team.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a relevant role;
• A good knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
• The ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously and prioritise effectively;
• The ability to work effectively both in a team and independently;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Completion of Senior Secondary School Education;
• The legal right to live and work in Sierra Leone.
How to apply
• Send a cover letter of no more than one page setting out your motivation for applying for the position.
• The letter should be accompanied by your updated Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages) including a list of referees.
• Applications for the position of Facilities & Transport Manager should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by physical copy to the Embassy of Ireland, 8 St. Joseph’s Avenue, off Spur Road, Freetown, by 12noon on Friday, February 14, 2020.
• You must include the title of the job you are applying for and your name in the email subject line.
• Please note that late or incorrectly titled applications will not be considered and excess pages will not be appraised.
All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR and Data Protection guidelines. Security clearance
Police clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquirers may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland Sierra Leone is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity.
- External File Job-ad-Facilities-and-Transport-Manager-approved-by-HR-20-01-2020.pdf
- Single Image