Build strong KYC environment to ensure zero level ML/TF infraction; provide compliance counseling, advisory and decision support services to business units and strategic resources functions and to ensure quality training and sensitization of all staff on AML/CFT rules; and develop a framework to constantly update the bank on its compliance level with regulatory laws.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide AML/KYC compliance counseling, advisory and decision support services to the business units and strategic resource functions, including Subsidiaries & foreign branches.
- Manage the bank’s relationships with all government regulatory authorities in relation to AML/KYC Issues.
- Prepare monthly exceptions report to the management team on the Compliance Status of the bank.
- Co-ordinate AML/KYC routine examination by the central bank in the subsidiary.
- Respond to business unit’s enquiries on AML/CFT and KYC issues as well as responses to AML/KYC Recertification Questionnaires from our Correspondent Banks.
- Minimum of First degree in Law and membership of relevant legal professional organization/bodies
- Experience in legal and compliance in banking environment with specific reference to banking law & legislation within the local operating environment.
How to apply
Interested applicant should forward there up todate resume/CV and cover letter clearly stating how they meet the job requirement to the Country Resources Head, United Bank for Africa (SL) Ltd, # 9 Charlotte Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make to indicate the position you are applying on the subject line as “Head, Compliance” for email applications and on the top right hand corner of the envelope for hard copies applications.