|Position Title:||Legal and Contracts Supervisor|
|Reports To:||Legal and Contracts Superintendent|
|Department:||Finance & Admin|
|Roster:||If based in Sierra leone, 5 days week and alternate Saturdays.
If relocating to Sierra Leone, on a rotational shift schedule of nine weeks duty in Sierra Leone. The following three weeks will be outside Sierra Leone on duty for the Employer or on leave during this time.
|The Company||The company is an iron ore project (the “Company”) located in Sierra Leone and is a fully owned subsidiary of a leading private global commodity trading group (the “Group”).|
|Position Summary||· Seeking a solicitor qualified in England or equivalent Common Law / Commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 5 PQE to work in the Company.
· Responsibilities will mainly be reviewing and drafting policies, procedures and commercial documents, and in ensuring consistent management of specific proposals and assigned contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as assisting the Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent with improving specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. Strong experience will be required in this field of contract management, and particularly as it relates to the mining industry.
· This position will be based in Sierra Leone and the candidate will report to the Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent.
|Accountabilities||· Complying with all company policies and procedures as well as legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the Company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience
|· Solicitor qualified in England or equivalent Common Law / Commonwealth jurisdiction with at least 5 years PQE
· Experience in administration of complex commercial contracts.
· Specific mining experience an advantage.
· Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
· Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) with the ability to communicate at all levels.
· Any international experience would be looked upon favourably
· Permanent after 3-month trial period.
· Market rate according to the candidate profile. For expats, return tickets at the end of each rota.
To apply please drop your CV in the HR box in SL Mining Information Centre in Lunsar or you can email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women are encouraged to apply
- External File PD-Legal-and-Contracts-Supervisor-1.docx