Job Title: Mechanic Driver x 1
Program Operations – (Pool)
Department: Fleet Unit
Reports To: Senior Administrative Officer
Country: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Duty Locations: Both Freetown & Kabala Offices, (travel to other CRS Field Sites & locations).
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate and coordinate with various CRS staff to ensure effective and efficient use, care and maintenance of the fleet.
- Manage stocks of equipment, supplies and parts; maintain parts inventory.
- Draft maintenance plans and ensure their implementation.
- Prepare maintenance and repair reports for submission.
- Transport CRS staff, official visitors, equipment, supply items and documents as assigned, both within Freetown and to upcountry locations.
- Fuel CRS Sierra Leone Program vehicles before the trip and after or when the need arise.
- Perform general systems check of assigned vehicles, e.g. oil, battery, water, tires etc.
- To test drive-repaired vehicles to be sure repair work is complete when picking up vehicles from garage.
- Conduct routine checks on the maintenance of CRS vehicles done by the contracted mechanics
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Secondary-level diploma
- Significant relevant training or experience in vehicle mechanics. Certifications preferred.
- Valid, current driving license with a clean driving record (no accidents)
- Five years working experience as Driver
- External File MACHINE-DRIVER.docx