ONE FAMILY PEOPLE
One Family People, a local human right organization breaking barriers for persons with disabilities in Sierra Leone is seeking job application for a Programme Manager for the implementation of the Child Empowerment programme.
Report to: Director
Duty Station: Freetown
Date Required: Immediately
Duration: 1 Year
S/he shall be responsible to develop policy, manage and coordinate Partner Organizations (PO) network, and develop their capacity and that of One Family People to accomplish their mission and vision. S/he also plays an important role as adviser to the Director and mentor staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Design, draft and develop policies and procedures for the organization
- Develop Child Empowerment annual plans
- Develop Lobby &Advocacy Agenda, and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Agenda together with relevant stakeholders and ensure effective implementation
- Support and advice One Family People staff on project management and implementation
- Build the capacity of POs through training, coaching and mentoring
- Supervise the grant manager
- Supervise and examine POs through spot checks to verify on the ground whether they are functioning well and reports reflect what is being done and justifications are correct, etc.
- Build and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Explore factors and conditions essential for the development of an effective and successful rehabilitation programs for children and youngsters with disabilities that encompass the Medical, Educational, Social, Economic, and Human Rights dimensions
- Compile qualitative and analytical reports of field visits, quarterly and annual reports and other publications
- Strengthen the cooperation between Liliane Foundation and One Family People
Qualification and Experience:
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job include:
- Master’s Degree or equivalents in Social Science or Development Studies
- Knowledge of local and international human rights instruments
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Ability to mentor and coach partner organization (POs)
- Ability to give full attention and support to POs and use logic and reasons to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself to make improvement or take corrective action
- Ability to develop capacity development plans for individual PO’s and for the group of POs’.
- Experience in working with other autonomous organizations, community structures, government departments and inter-mediate groups
- Has experience in planning, monitoring and result oriented methods of working
- Experience in policy development
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional work experience preferably with regards to child protection, with an emphasis on disability issues and holistic development of children
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and up-to-date CV including names, addresses and email of two referees (non-relatives) to the firstname.lastname@example.org with the position mark on the subject line as “Programme Manager-One Family People Organization”.
Closing date for receipt of applications is on/before close of business by Friday, June 21, 2019. However, given the urgency of this recruitment, applications will be review on a daily basis and position might fill in before the closing date.
Note: Women and Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
All applicants for the posted vacancy will be considered based on relevant job skills, knowledge, competence requirements and the ability to successfully perform the job.
- External File Job-Vacancy-Advert-Programme-Manager.docx