|The Company||The company is an iron ore project (the “Company”) located in Sierra Leone and is a fully owned subsidiary of a leading private global commodity trading group (the “Group”).|
|Position Summary||Seeking a qualified quantity surveyor with at least 5 years PQE. Responsibilities will mainly be in ensuring consistent management of specific assigned contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contractual and commercial management process and document management. Strong experience will be required in this field, particularly as it relates to the mining industry.
This position will be based in Sierra Leone and the candidate will report to the Legal and Contracts Management Superintendent.
|Accountabilities||· Complying with all company policies and procedures as well as legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience
|· Minimum have a professional qualification / degree in QS, Economics, Construction Management, or Engineering
· Qualified quantity surveyor with at least 5 years PQE
· Experience in multiple disciplinary quantity surveying
· Specific mining experience an advantage.
· Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines
· Must be computer literate, specifically working with MS Office Packages
· Excellent negotiations and communication skills (both verbally and in writing) with the ability to communicate at all levels.
· Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings
· Any international experience would be looked upon favourably
· Permanent after 3-month trial period.
· Market rate according to the candidate profile.
To apply please drop your CV in the HR box in SL Mining Information Centre in Lunsar or you can email your CV to email@example.com
Women are encouraged to apply
- External File PD-Quantity-Surveyor-1.docx