VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT REF/SLRCS/WAREHOUSE OFFICER
Reports To: Procurement Coordinator of Sierra Leone Red Cross Society
Sierra Leone Red Cross Society (SLRCS) is a humanitarian organisation that believes every human being is entitled to a life of dignity and opportunity. With the help of our partners, staff and volunteers, we work in vulnerable communities to improve the lives of vulnerable Sierra Leoneans.
SLRCS is seeking talented, hard-working and dynamic Sierra Leoneans for the position of WAREHOUSE OFFICER
Date required: June 2019. Duty station: Freetown with frequent travels to the provinces as Required.
fixed term – 3 Months with possible extension based on performance
job Summary: The Warehouse Officer under the direct Supervision and the guidance of the Procurement Coordinator will facilitate and coordinate warehousing activities and to execute tasks detailed under duties and responsibilities.
The Warehouse Officer will:
- Implement/maintain and follow Society’s standard warehouse practices and record keeping to full audit trail standard.
- Ensure the correct storage, rotation of stock and proper structural maintenance of warehouse(s) to keep all stocks in good condition.
- Implement/maintain security and safety procedures/systems.
- Maintain accurate stock control and records at all times and provide weekly/monthly stock reports to the Procurement Co-ordinator and to provide advice on warehousing issues that affect the overall logistics operation.
- Organize local labour to effect the timely and efficient reception to and dispatch of goods from the warehouse.
- Liaise and maintain timely communications with relevant other functions within the society to ensure the timely and efficient receipt and dispatch of goods from the warehouse(s) in support of these other functions.
- Liaise with government and non-government organisations and collaborate with them where appropriate.
- Produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports.
- Organize regulars inventories of the Society Warehouse and make regular and accurate inventories reports.
- Professional qualification in management, logistics or administration
- 2 years of experience in warehouse management in an organization
- Good knowledge and Familiar with warehouse operations
- Good Knowledge of Logistics Standards (Purchasing, Storage, Stocks, Rehabilitation, Inventories…)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing and PowerPoint)
- Confident and persuasive with the ability to communicate with colleagues, landlord and Airport authorities
- Ability to write reports and communication in English
- Ability to work in compliance with established warehouse policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Diplomacy
- Initiative, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision and under pressure
Negotiation and persuasive skills
Applications should be forwarded under confidential cover marked the position you have applied for with an up-to-date C.V, names of two referees (none relatives) and supporting documents to the HR Department, 6 Liverpool Street, Freetown. Closing date for receipt of applications: June 21st , 2019 at 17:00 hrs.
“WOMEN ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”
NOTE: CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS ONLY. TELEPHONE ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED.
- External File Warehouse-Officer-VACANCY-ANNOUNCEMENT-REF.docx