This company has no active jobs
Rate This Company ( No reviews yet )
- Total Jobs 0 Jobs
- Location FREETOWN
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the Grants Manager is responsible for developing and managing a pipeline of current and prospective grant funders that align with the company’s priorities. Through planned research, identification, development, cultivation, stewardship, compliance, and reporting activities, the Manager will submit proposals and manage awards in support of the Sensi’s mission and operating goals.
Sensi Innovation Hub promotes a team environment where curiosity, not certainty informs our work. The Grants Manager will utilize this mindset to successfully cultivate relationships, foster collaboration, and support a culture of trust with colleagues, partners, and funders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and inform strategy to develop strong, expanding pipelines of grant-based donors for Sensi Innovation Hub operations, exhibits, programs, and
- Track and monitor annual revenue goals for grants to provide financial updates and recommendations for annual budget development.
- Analyze grant funding trends to identify growing programs, opportunities for increased funding, and areas in need of greater development.
- Conduct internal and external research to identify funding opportunities with foundations, governmental agencies, corporate, and community-based funding organizations.
- Maintain Toolkit of Sensi Innovation Hub data and anecdotes for use in grants and by colleagues across Sensi Innovation Hub operations.
- Cultivate, manage, and maintain relationships with organizational funders and stakeholders through targeted and strategic outreach, interpretation, and stewardship.
- Develop grant-based opportunities with appropriate internal departments and teams, and coordinate project plans to ensure adequate reporting and compliance per funder guidelines.
- Monitor application and reporting timelines and communicate them interdepartmental to ensure we are meeting funder deadlines and requirements.
- Write grant proposals, letters of interest/inquiry, concept papers, and related materials for proposal submissions that align with funder interests and Sensi Innovation Hub priorities.
- Prepare strategic program and project budgets in collaboration with internal staff and approved by departmental leadership; ensuring that each is in the format appropriate to both internal needs and funder understanding.
- Prepare and submit applications and reports in accordance with funder requirements and deadlines and provide guidance to Sensi Innovation Hub staff on necessary and/or useful evaluation strategies to grow reporting capacity and improve outcomes-based proposal writing.
- Work with Sensi Innovation Hub staff to ensure they are informed of the requirements of grant contracts and assist in advising on how best to navigate any necessary changes through communication with funders.
- Manage the progress of grant-funded programs and broker communication between funders and internal stakeholders.
- Conduct internal education to help Sensi Innovation Hub staff in identifying projects eligible for or requiring grant funding, how grant funding fits within the organizational budget, and how to develop project and program work plans that are grant ready.
- Classification: Full-time, salaried
- Annual Gross Salary Range: SLL78,000 – SLL84,000 (in accordance with working experience and qualifications).
- Other Benefit eligibility discretional to the employer
- Serve as needed as a Sensi Innovation Hub-wide resource for written communications and reporting, including City Partner requests, in-team, cross-departmental, and organizational projects.
- Create acknowledgments for grant awards and coordinate with Development and other Sensi Innovation Hub departments to ensure implementation.
- Maintain and manage complete records and files in accordance with Sensi Innovation Hub’s record-keeping policies, related to past, present, and prospective grant-based donor engagement, which includes funder and proposal information, contracts, paperwork, and key documentation.
- As needed, supervise volunteers and interns related to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and teams effectively.
- Understanding of best practices and methods to achieve revenue goals, overall grant-based donor strategies, and effective communication of the mission.
- Knowledge of the basic concepts related to fundraising and grant management.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and remain flexible.
- Excellent initiative and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to the needs of the Sensi Innovation Hub team, partners, donors, stakeholders, and other groups.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams of staff, interns, volunteers, and stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Detail-oriented, with strong strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to represent the Sensi Innovation Hub in a professional and positive manner at all times.
- Listens attentively to others. Asks clarifying questions to gain a better understanding of the other person’s views and assumptions
- Works effectively in a team environment and actively participates in joint problem solving; willingly cooperates with co-workers
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities for personal and professional development
- Comes to meetings prepared and on time; honors work commitments; follows through on commitments; meets deadlines
- Collaborates with other work groups and outside organizations as appropriate, in a proactive and responsive manner
- Honors the private and confidential matters of co-workers. Protects the proprietary and confidential information of the Sensi Innovation Hub
- Follows rules, regulations, and policies. Positively contributes to implementing changes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or a related
field. Preferred minimum of three to six years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, prospect research, or related field. Will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional reports, publications, laws and regulations, procedure manuals, project proposals, and presentations. Ability to prepare and deliver effective reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively and concisely present information, speak before different groups and respond to questions from the general public, funding partners, other donors/stakeholders, and coworkers.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities for Sensi Innovation Hub staff, volunteers, and interns.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The Grants Manager position is a salaried position that is eligible for defined benefits under the Sensi Innovation Hub employee handbook. This position is eligible for 21 paid holidays, accrued personal time off, and sick time.