The Assistant Sustainability Manager is a member of the group sustainability team at Goldtree Sierra Leone. He/She is responsible for assisting the Sustainability Manager in the implementation, monitoring of all certification standards as well as the technical management of the Goldtree sustainability and certification objectives at Goldtree and other related operations in Sierra Leone. This position requires extensive knowledge of palm oil sustainability and certification concerns
and will have a close relationship with production, field operations, certification bodies, government agencies and the farmers’ association.
Assistant Sustainability Manager Responsibilities
The specific tasks of the Assistant Sustainability Manager are to assist the Sustainability Manager in the following tasks:
• Implement and monitor the RSPO Principles and Criteria 2018 standard for millers and growers, independent smallholders as well as the RSPO Supply Chain Certification Standard.
• Implement and monitor the various organic standards (EU organic etc.) for the mill, own plantations, and independent smallholders.
• Organize and conduct the internal audit of operations (independent smallholder farms, own plantations, and mills) against different production and industry standards (RSPO and organic).
• Implement the management action plan related to different sustainability areas.
• Implement, monitor and assess certification activities.
• Work alongside and report to the Goldtree Sustainability Manager.
• Support and lead the measurement of the company’s sustainability performance and indicators.
Assistant Sustainability Manager Requirements
• Good knowledge of palm oil supply chain.
• Good knowledge of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
• At least three years of work experience in managing related certification process for a palm oil company or similar.
• Experience with certification processes, developing training materials and managing a large number of staff members.
• Excellent communication and IT skills, Microsoft packages.
• Experience with RSPO certification and organic standards are an added advantage.
• Fluent English speaker.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate skills such as:
• Capacity to manage a multidisciplinary team.
• An organized and well-structured way of working.
• Highly persuasive and dynamic with an ability to keep track on and implement deliverables in a timely manner.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimum guidance.
• Determination and perseverance.
• Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
• Capacity to adapt to changing circumstances, with a can-do attitude.
What we offer
You can look forward to a diverse position in an ambitious, fast-growing, and internationally oriented organization. Our work
environment is focused on innovation and improvement. Goldtree offers this employment on a permanent based with good
benefits and career pathway for the right candidate.
Equal opportunity employer
Goldtree is an equal opportunity employer and will select the best candidate for the job without regard to gender or race.
Qualified women and professionals from surrounding communities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
The candidate will be based in Daru, Sierra Leone and the starting date soon as possible. If you feel you are the right
candidate for the role, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider
applicants who have successfully sent the above document latest from 16th of February 2022 to 2nd of March 2022
- Salary Offers Attractive
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5