VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
ActionAid is a global federation of 45 countries working across the world with a mission to
achieve a just, equitable, and sustainable world in which every person enjoys the right to a life
of dignity, and freedom from poverty and all forms of oppression. We are working with people
living in poverty and exclusion, their communities, people’s organizations, activists, social
movements, and supporters to achieve social justice, gender equality, and poverty eradication.
As poverty continues to be complex and dynamic, ActionAid Sierra Leone commences its new
Country Strategic Paper in 2018 which focuses on three (3) Programme Priorities: Engage the
structural causes of violence against women and girls and promote the recognition, reduction,
and redistribution of unpaid care work for economic justice, Improve public accountability for
the provision of responsive basic public services and advanced responsive humanitarian action
prioritizing women’s and girl’s safety, participation, leadership in emergency preparedness,
response, and prevention. We are operating in Bo, Bombali, Kambia, Kono, Moyamba,
Tonkolili and the Western Area.
ActionAid Sierra Leone is recruiting a Business and Partnership Development Specialist and
Position Title: BUSINESS AND PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Contract: 2 years (contract renewed based on performance and availability of funds)
Location: Freetown, flexible work hours, with travel to the field as required
Job Reference No: BPDS/2023/28/06
Reports to: Executive Director
The Business and Partnership Development Specialist will drive the resource mobilization and
business development agenda. S/he will be key in identifying opportunities, engaging with
internal staff, reviewing/developing, and implementing resource mobilization strategies, and,
through consultations with relevant program managers and other stakeholders, developing and
submitting program and resource development proposals.
• Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing,
Project Management, or its equivalent in a related field.
• A master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage.
▪ Have at least three (3) years of working experience in business development and/or
partnership management preferably in the NGO sector or a large organization of which
at least three (3) years must have been in a Middle or Senior management position.
▪ Proven record of mobilizing resources.
▪ Have demonstrated an in-depth understanding of programming issues and Policy work at
organizational, national, and international levels.
▪ Experience & proven success record in developing high-quality donor proposals for
high-value and institutional donors.
▪ Experience in setting up and managing high-value and institutional donor contracts,
with knowledge of donor contractual requirements, experience working with NGOs,
INGOs and Consortiums
▪ Good knowledge of trends of fundraising development in Sierra Leone is desired for
▪ Proven track record of developing successful partnerships and collaborations.
▪ Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
▪ Demonstrated good project management skills
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent understanding of ActionAid’s vision, mission, goals, and approach to poverty
eradication and development
• Excellent resource mobilization skills
• Strong communications research and analytical skills, and ability to rapidly analyze and
integrate diverse information from varied sources
• Effective report writing and presentation skills
• Networking, influencing, and negotiating skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Experience in evidence-based Governance issues in Sierra Leone is essential
• Knowledge of development policies and priorities of national governments and wider global
ActionAid Sierra Leone requires all of its employees to abide by its policies on Sexual
Harassment Exploitation, Abuse, and Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable
children and adults. A police reference clearance is required for this post. As well as being.
subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure, this job offer will also be subject to a minimum
of two satisfactory references.
How to apply:
✓ All interested candidates should complete the application on the website using the link
✓ Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, particular
consideration will be given to applications from Qualified Women
Closing Date: The deadline for receipts of all applications is on/before 5 pm Friday, 28th July
The interview date will be communicated to shortlisted candidates only.
- Salary Offers Very attractive
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5