ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
OUR APPROACH TO SAFEGUARDING
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Job title: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Salary: SLL 105,273,056 gross per annum, plus allowance and benefits
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 1 Year with likelihood of extension
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Direct reports: Directly line manages: Finance Officer x 1 (Makeni), Logistics Officer (Freetown), IT Officer (Freetown), Drivers (Freetown) and Office Assistants (Freetown)
Expected travel to Bo and Makeni regional offices and possibly other operational districts. Time off lieu will be given for any travel required over weekends.
- Ensure all cash and bank transactions are recorded on time and accurately
- Ensure all financial transactions have the relevant authorization and are made in accordance with Restless Development financial procedures
- Ensure value for money is achieved in all transactions
- Administer cash advances (floats) as required and maintain relevant accounting records for such advances
- Maintain the bank account and cash safe to ensure funds are available for all authorized transactions
- Ensure all financial records are filed according to financial policies
- Maintain computerized system (Financial Force) for the management of expenditures
- Ensure that all payments to suppliers and/or projects are in accordance with relevant procedures and approved work plans/budgets.
- Prepare and manage fortnightly payment run and administer petty cash and reimbursement of staff expenses, where appropriate.
- Ensure that cheque books and invoices are well accounted for and are kept in a safe and secure custody
- Ensure invoices are posted correctly and on time into Financial Force
- Ensure staff floats and volunteers expense claims are submitted on time
- Ensure claims are correctly coded, with the appropriate supporting documentation and input into Financial Force
- Manage one regionally based finance officer (Makeni)
- Support the finance team in the annual budget setting process
- Provide assistance during the quarterly reforecast.
- Ensure that all procedures and documents pertaining to asset management as per the finance manual are in place and being followed;
- Ensure updated monthly fixed assets register and ensure all new assets not on warranty are duly engraved and put system in place to track all moveable assets such as cameras, projectors, voice recorders to prevent loss.
- Ensuring that all aspects of driver and vehicle policy are implemented and adhered to and ensure that timetables are in place for renewing of insurance/taxation/road licenses etc. and that vehicles comply with relevant legislation at all times;
- Ensure that all car movements are well planned and plans are adhered to and ensure that a car/motorbike maintenance plan is in place and executed to set standards;
- Ensure that checks related to safety of vehicles are carried out on a regular basis;
- Ensure that vehicle usage is controlled and monitored (including fuel usage, etc.);
- Ensure that all relevant monthly reports are compiled and submitted on a monthly basis;
- Carry out line management meetings (LMM) with regional finance officers, admin officers and drivers
- Ensure contracts and contractual obligations with our landlords in HO and Makeni regions are maintained.
- Oversee management of all logistic aspects related to office compound at the Freetown Office and support Regional Operations Manger (Makeni) to ensure this is also done in regional offices
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Supervise internet and communications for HO and Makeni offices.
- Ensure up to date staff work and residential permits
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
We are who we serve. We are brave.
Upholds a values-led culture across the Finance & Administration team, inspiring a Restless passion and professionalism amongst all others. Considers the Restless Values when making decisions and taking measured risks at a strategic level Values & Behaviours framework
Creates an enabling environment for innovation across the Finance
& Administration team. Takes measured risks and solves issues with creativity and innovation. Maintains a focus on aligning the organizational vision for long-term growth in a changing world.
We are 100% professional. We prove that young people can
Drives quality across the Finance & Administration unit by holding all sub-teams to account for high performance and value-for-money.
Drives change across the Finance & Administration unit by considering the long term impact of risks and operational decisions to the Restless Development Sierra Leone Hub.
We generate leaders. We are proud to carry the banner for youth-led development.
Develops leadership in team members for future growth of the organization.
Builds organizational capacity by creating a culture of continual learning through performance management, training, coaching and mentoring; aligning their own personal and professional development to current and future organizational needs.
We are in it together. We listen and learn.
Builds consensus and commitment amongst staff and major national partners. Confidently anticipates and responds to challenge or resistance in difficult circumstances. Coaches others to Communicate strategically.
Is a role model for collaboration at a national, regional and global level; frequently contributing to internal processes and decisions, Leads participatory decision making and strategy development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
▪ Degree in Finance, Accounting or Logistics
▪At least 5 years’ experience, ideally in increasingly senior positions
▪ Experience leading, engaging, motivating and coaching a team of staff
▪Experience of meeting donor financial requirements and reporting, including ideally for DFID, EU and/or USAID
▪ Experience of budget and financial management
▪ Experience of implementing and strengthening internal control frameworks
▪Demonstrable track record of strengthening systems and identifying innovative solutions to challenges in finance and operations
▪Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
▪ Experience in managing logistics and office functions for a large organization
▪ Good analytical skills and Excel skills
▪ Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills.
▪ At least 3 years’ experience in similar role
▪ Knowledge and experience of Financial Force
▪ Knowledge and experience of working in Sierra Leone, or a similar context
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations, taking into account statutory benefits. In Sierra Leone, in addition to salary, we offer housing allowance, End of Service Benefit, payments towards medical costs, and NASSIT contribution, as well as an out of country supplement and relocation allowance for international staff relocating to Sierra Leone.
Values and Culture
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, beneficiaries, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard, at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days).
Access to flexible working.
Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and other leave allowances.
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
Empowering opportunities to work on significant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job.
Regular performance management.
Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency.
Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.
Travel and Medical Insurance
Specify where staff and their dependents are covered by national/private medical insurance schemes. When travelling abroad with work, all staff will be covered by Restless Development’s travel insurance.
For staff who relocate to work with Restless Development, we offer a competitive relocation package. This will be discussed with relevant candidates and could include:
A lump-sum relocation allowance to support you in relocating to your new place of work.
Out of country supplements for the duration of your time working in your new place of work.
Please send a completed application form to:
by 10th October 2021 with the subject line ‘Finance and Administration Coordinator’
Interviews are expected to be held on 15th October 2021
- Salary Offers Very Attractive + other services
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5