FOOD SECURITY AND LIVELIHOODS HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
International Non-governmental organization, Action Against Hunger has been working to fight under-nutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe for almost 40 years and
across nearly 50 countries. Action Against Hunger established its presence in both Liberia and Sierra Leone in 1991 during the Civil War and since then has been operational in the two countries by implementing various humanitarian and development programs related to health, nutrition, food security/livelihoods and advocacy geared towards the reduction of the prevalence rates of under-nutrition in both countries. Since January 2018, the two countries have been clustered and now operating under a single management structure. The coordination office is based in Freetown, Sierra Leone overseeing the operations in Moyamba Field Office and Liberia Country Office.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting a suitably qualified Sierra Leonean, Food Security and Livelihoods Head of Department to guarantee the quality, relevance and scaling of Food Security and Livelihoods strategy and interventions at the mission, in conformity with Action Against
Hunger and international standards and national policies.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Contribute to defining the country strategy as well as the strategy and positioning of the FSL technical department
– Coordinate the identification of needs and the formulation of project proposals
– Oversee the implementation of programs/projects and ensure that reports are submitted
– Guarantee the quality and cost-effectiveness of projects
– Ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectoral coordination and technical forums and develop sectoral partnerships
– Team management
– Promote capitalization, technical development and research within the FSL Department
– Others as according to the demands and related to the position
– Master’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture, Agronomy, Public Health, International
Development or related field
– At least 5 years international program management experience especially in the
– Demonstrated strong ability with project grants management, including project design,
budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc.
– Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
– Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building
– Commitment to and proven track record in managing accountable, transparent, and
inclusive programming in complex contexts.
Required Competencies and Skills:
– Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team.
– Ensures adherence to ACF and donor guidelines and standards
– Good communication and representation skills
– Good team management skills
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 12 months Sierra Leonean contract (Renewable)
LOCATION: FREETOWN, with frequent travels to Moyamba, Liberia, and other field areas
Monthly Basic Salary: SLL 15,714,060.00 to SLL17,128,880.00 based on profile
Monthly Transport Allowance: 10% of Monthly Basic Salary
Housing Allowance: 10% of Monthly Basic Salary
HOW TO APPLY:
Send Motivation Letter, CV saved in your name – for example (Joe Blue CV) for your CV, and (Joe Blue Motivation Letter) for your motivation letter, with names of three (3) referees by email, under
the Subject “FSL HEAD OF DEPARTMENT” to:
Deadline for the receipt of applications is Wednesday, 15th September 2021.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be sorted on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview. Please state the position applied for on the subject line of your email. Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Salary Offers Very Attractive + other services
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5