We are looking for an experienced Head of Programmes to supervise a wide range of programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. The successful candidate will supervise the Project Manager and Grant Manager and inform management of progress and performance.
Reporting to the Director, the Head of Programmes is responsible for developing and managing a pipeline of current and prospective grant funders that align with the company’s priorities. Through planned research, identification, development, cultivation, stewardship, compliance, and reporting activities, the Manager will submit proposals and manage awards in support of the Sensi’s mission and operating goals.
Sensi Innovation Hub promotes a team environment where curiosity, not certainty informs our work. The Head of Programmes will utilize this mindset to successfully cultivate relationships, foster collaboration, and support a culture of trust with colleagues, partners, and funders.
To be successful in the Head of Programmes role, the successful candidate must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. He/she must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop subordinates.
The goal is to ensure every program is delivered successfully and adds the highest possible value to the organization.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones, and processes
- In consultation with the organization’s leadership, develop or approve budgets and operations
- In consultation with the Director, devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance the efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
PROGRAMMES GRANT MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the implementation of new programs according to the company’s strategic plan
- Ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet quality standards
- Overseeing operational aspects of a project to ensure it meets company standards
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and overseeing their progress to ensure they are completed on time
- Coordinating with stakeholders to address issues and concerns throughout the program life cycle
- Maintaining communication with senior leadership regarding program status and risks
- Developing strategies to improve program management processes and outcomes
- Recruiting and hiring new employees as needed to support program needs
- Managing staff members, including hiring, firing, evaluating performance, and making recommendations for promotions
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Proven experience as Programme Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project, etc.)
- Business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional reports, publications, laws and regulations, procedure manuals, project proposals, and presentations. Ability to prepare and deliver effective reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively and concisely present information, speak before different groups and respond to questions from the general public, funding partners, other donors/stakeholders, and coworkers.
This position will supervise the Project Manager and Grant Manager and may have supervisory responsibilities for other Sensi Innovation Hub staff, volunteers, and interns.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Classification: Full-time, salaried
- Annual Gross Salary Range: SLL90,000 – SLL102,000 (in accordance with working experience and qualifications).
- Other Benefit eligibility discretional to the employer
The Head of Programmes position is a salaried position that is eligible for defined benefits under the Sensi Innovation Hub employee handbook. This position is eligible for 21 paid holidays, accrued personal time off, and sick time.
- Salary Offers Very attractive
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10