The Health Safety and Environment Manager is a member of the group sustainability team at Goldtree Sierra Leone. He/She is responsible for the implementation, monitoring and management of all health, safety, and environment activities for all Goldtree and related operations in Sierra Leone. This position requires extensive knowledge of occupational health and safety concerns in the oil palm or other related industry and will have a close relationship with production, field operations, certification bodies, and government and compliance agencies.
Health Safety and Environment Manager Responsibilities
The specific tasks of the Health Safety and Environment Manager are to assist the Sustainability Manager in the following tasks:
• Facilitate the implementation of the RSPO standards on site, coordinate and follow of RSPO activities vis-à-vis HSE requirements.
• Protect the environment (pollution, waste reduction, minimizing erosion and soil degradation, avoiding fire).
• Ensure the respect of the best practices in all company activities.
• Ensure all worksite is HSE compliant with company policies, RSPO and HSE standards.
• Plan, coordinate and ensure effective implementation of HSE policies, guidelines, and procedures.
• Organize trainings and develop materials for the company.
• PPE planning, procurement, management, and monitoring.
• Investigate workplace accident and prepare the KPIs for HSE activities.
• Participate in work-related accident reporting, investigation and recommend corrective actions.
• Monitor the implementation of HSE corrective actions.
• Conduct risk assessment for all work activities.
• Facilitate HSE meetings with workers.
• Coordinate the activities of the HSE Representatives across all operations (plantation, mill etc.)
• Facilitate internal audit for the health and safety management system including the internal audits of other best management practices.
• Follow up on the continuous improvement for the HSE management system.
• Monitor all HCV areas and implement HCV management action plan.
• Maintain Health and safety records.
• Liaise with Health, safety, and environmental agencies including other relevant government agencies to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
Health Safety and Environment Manager Requirements
• A bachelor’s degree in environment/quality management or other related fields.
• Good knowledge of quality, health and safety, and environment management systems.
• At least 5 years of work experience in health safety and environment roles for a palm oil or related company.
• Excellent report writing abilities.
• Excellent communication and IT skills (proficiency in Microsoft packages).
• Health and Safety Management training e.g., NEBOSH and other related quality, health, and Safety management training.
• Fluent English speaker.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate skills such as:
• Capacity to manage a multidisciplinary team.
• An organized and well-structured way of working.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimum guidance.
• Determination and perseverance.
• Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
• Capacity to adapt to changing circumstances, with a can-do attitude.
What we offer
You can look forward to a diverse position in an ambitious, fast-growing, and internationally oriented organization. Our work
environment is focused on innovation and improvement. Goldtree offers this employment on a permanent based with good benefits
and career pathway for the right candidate.
Equal opportunity employer
Goldtree is an equal opportunity employer and will select the best candidate for the job without regard to gender or race. Qualified
women and professionals from surrounding communities are encouraged to apply
How to apply?
The candidate will be based in Daru and the starting date soon as possible. If you feel you are the right candidate for the role, please
send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We will consider applicants who have successfully sent the
above document latest from 16th of February 2022 to 2
nd of March 2022
- Salary Offers Attractive
- Experience Level Senior