Job Summary: The infection prevention officer shall be responsible for the facility infection prevention and control program (IPCP), in order to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment and to help prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections.
• Provide oversight of the IPCP, which includes, at a minimum, the following
• A system for preventing, identifying, reporting, investigating, and controlling infections and communicable diseases for all staff, volunteers, and visitors, and following accepted national standards;
• A system of surveillance designed to identify possible communicable diseases or infections before they can spread to other persons in the facility;
• provide standard and transmission-based precautions to be followed to prevent the spread of infections, and when and how isolation should be used.
• Ensure that the hand hygiene procedures are followed by staff and visitors
• Develop a system for recording incidents identified under the facility’s IPCP and the corrective actions taken by the facility.
• Collaborate with the facility leadership and the medical director to develop, implement, and evaluate the annual infection prevention goals and action plan
• Partner with facility leaders, physicians, and local, state, and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, Plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines
• Use judgment and make sound decisions • Work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Candidate must have three (3) years in a similar role
•Must have a certificate or diploma in Occupational Health and safety or in Infection, Prevention and Control.
• Candidate must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.
Application must be submitted with Application Letter, CV and Copies of credentials and address to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Natural Rich Global Hospital Sierra Leone
Hastings Junction, Western Area Rural District.
Mobile:+232-75-973-164/ +232-30-387-988/ +232-031-062-926
Closing Date: 7th July, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offers Very attractive
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5