Job Title: National Post: Monitoring/Evaluation Analyst, NOB, Freetown, Sierra Leone Country Office
Job ID: 39325
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS ONLY OPEN TO NATIONALS OF SIERRA LEONE
All applications received from citizens of other countries will be disqualified.
: National Professional Officer/Fixed-Term Appointment
Appointment Duration : One year (renewable)[i]
Vacancy Closing Date : 13 October 2021 (5 PM Freetown time)
[i] No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
The Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst ensures that the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the country programme activities are compliant with UNFPA’s result-based management principles and guidelines. You will support national partners’ capacity to analyse and utilise monitoring and evaluation data for evidenced-based decision making.
You will report to the Quality Assurance Specialist with overall supervision from the Deputy Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA Country Office in Sierra Leone is committed to deliver results outlined in the 7th Country Programme that started in 2020 and lasts till 2023 with clear outcomes in the areas of
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Adolescents and Youth
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment; with population dynamics cutting across all interventions.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst will play a critical role in UNFPA’s ongoing efforts to achieve transformative results with three zeros in Sierra Leone, namely: zero preventable maternal deaths, zero unmet need for family planning and zero gender based violence and harmful practices, particularly by ensuring better integrated and coordinated programme delivery.
UNFPA in Sierra Leone is also part of the United Nations Country Team and operates under the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF 2019-2023), fully embracing the UN Development System reforms and stepping up its system wide support for the Government of Sierra Leone. The Monitoring and Evaluation will represent UNFPA in the UNSDCF M&E group as and when needed and is expected to provide technical support in the Joint Work Plan of the UNSDCF.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Working within a Country Office environment, you will provide monitoring and evaluation quality assurance for the overall country programme activities, and will coordinate and strengthen the staff capacity and implementing partners in programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
The M&E Analyst will work closely with other programme and operations staff so as to help ensure effective, efficient and timely delivery of UNFPA Sierra Leone’s 7th Country Programme results.
You would be responsible for:
- Supporting and strengthening the country office staff and Implementing Partners’ capacity to develop Annual Work plans aligned to UNFPA’s monitoring and evaluation guidelines and donor signed agreements;
- Providing technical inputs and building the capacity of Implementing Partners to strengthen monitoring, reporting and evaluation systems and enhancing quality of programme data collected and reported;
- Coordinating and providing technical support in preparing quarterly, annual, UNSDCF and donor programme implementation reports;
- Providing technical oversight to ensure that all monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities are compliant with the result-based management principles, UNFPA guidelines/standards, and donor requirements;
- Providing technical input to the design of technical and joint monitoring visits, participating in their implementation and supporting their follow-up by preparing synthesis reports of findings, and monitoring the implementation of monitoring mission recommendations;
- Providing technical leadership to the review, evaluation and documentation of programme results, best practices and lessons learned and sharing these with relevant partners to inform programming, policy and advocacy;
- On a continuous basis, implement data visualization strategies that enhance the communication of programme data, according to the varying needs of targeted stakeholders;
- Supporting the digitalization of knowledge management for ongoing programmes, optimization of monitoring and evaluation data reporting, analysis and storage systems, and capacity strengthening for UNFPA staff and implementing partners to utilize ICT-based monitoring and evaluation and reporting tools;
- Supporting national partners’ capacity to analyse and utilize monitoring and evaluation data for evidence-based decision making, policy and programme formulation, and monitoring and evaluation in support of integrated national development.
- Provide substantive support in the planning, monitoring and reporting of the strategic information system of the Country Office and ensure smooth delivery of milestones.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics, population studies, demography, health economics, public health or related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three years of relevant experience in a related field and/or research.
- Proven experience in monitoring and writing project activity reports.
- A thorough understanding of the UN system in general, especially UNFPA mandate, its policies and operations.
- Excellent skills in computer/information systems. cubKLM3-DmlpUI
- Ability to organize effectively, and to work under pressure with attention to details, precision and accuracy
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programme
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and to promote equal opportunities for all. We therefore encourage women and persons with disabilities to apply.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS:
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
For any questions or comments please contact
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send application cover letter, CV and other relevant information to the email below: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offers Very Attractive + other services
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5