About the job
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance€”as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of Country Operations Manager, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for inventory management, and assuring that commodities used in IRS campaigns are secure and safely stored at the project’s main warehouse. This position will help arrange for the logistics of delivering of all IRS commodities to IRS campaign camp sites in various locations, and assuring accurate inventory counts for all IRS commodities being used during the IRS campaign. The Warehouse Manager will be expected to liaise regularly with the store keepers at each IRS operation site to assure all needed IRS campaign commodities are in-stock, and collections of IRS campaign wastes are on-going and transported back to the central warehouse.
Key Roles and Responsibilitie s
- Receipt and quality control of delivered goods to project warehouse.
- Processing appropriate supply chain documentation and updating stock cards to assure an accurate count of IRS commodities at the central warehouse.
- Managing the project’s inventory control system during the IRS campaign, including storage, quality control, inventory record-keeping, and inventory reporting.
- Working with the project staff to supervise the storage, distribution, and transport of IRS commodities to all IRS campaign camp sites, to assure they have the necessary equipment to complete IRS.
- Working with the project staff to supervise store keepers and operation site store rooms.
- Assuring accurate and exact knowledge of IRS commodities at the central warehouse, and at each camp site store room at any given time.
- Ensuring that at the end of the IRS campaign, the personal protective equipments (PPEs) and commodities are retrieved from the districts and are accurately recorded in the stock register.
- In collaboration with the Environmental Compliance Officer:
- Ensuring that all health and safety measures are in place and followed at all store and spraying locations.
- Ensuring the clearance and proper disposal of all waste material and excess items from project stores.
- Complete on timely manner with high accuracy any others actvities assigned by the Operation manager or Chief of Party.
- High School Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Business, Supply Chain Management, Administration, or other relevant field with at least 2 years’ relevant experience (desireable).
- Significant experience in supply chain management and the storage of health commodities.
- Demonstrated experience in warehouse/stores management.
- Excellent management, supervisory, organizational, computer, and writing skills.
- Experience with international donor projects preferred.
- English language fluency.
- (1) year of experience and high school diploma OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
- Salary Offers Very Attractive + other services
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5