The Fry Fry’s brand purpose is to entertain, engage and promote the interests of the local community in Sierra Leone on all its platform (FM radio and Online). We are looking for an enthusiastic talent with a great voice to host/co-host our flagship shows. You will need to be smart, bold and engaging and be able to display our company values in the work you do.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– As a prime ambassador for the Fry Fry brand, you should be relatable, and the audience should be able to build an emotional connection with you
– to entertain our listening audience and serve all genres
– Host community-focused shows with lots of local content and features
– ‘drive’ the desk and operate some of the technical equipment for live streaming, play music and jingles
– interview guests in the studio, by telephone or on location
– research topics and background information for items to be featured on the programme- maintaining positive business relationships to ensure future sales
– collaborating with the other department to promote Fry Fry products and services – keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends
You don’t need a degree to become a radio personality as employers tend to look more for experience and practical skills.
2. Job Location
This position will be based in Freetown.
3. Job related experience and knowledge
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role such as a journalism, media, and communications, performing arts, drama, media production
– Excellent communication and presentation skills
– The ability to generate original ideas
– A personable and confident individual with a broad range of interests
– The ability to take initiative and make quick decisions under pressure.
Working Environment / Conditions:
As a 24 hour radio station, all staff and their supervisors are reminded that it is expected that they may be required to perform their duties on at the weekend and on gazetted public holidays.
This role is also community based and so the applicant should be comfortable working in a variety of settings.
Female Candidates Preferred.
Suitably, qualified, and skilled candidates are advised to send in their letter of application with updated CVs, current telephone number(s) and copies of certificates to:
Interested candidates should click the link to APPLY EMAIL: [email protected]
Closing Date: 26th September 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Yu Tɔk, Wɛ Lisin
- Salary Offers Very Attractive + other services
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5