World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. World Vision International Sierra Leone (WVISL) has been operational since 1996 assisting communities with various interventions in health, education, child protection, water & sanitation and livelihoods.
Applications are requested for suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the position of ‘Technical Development Facilitator Health’ in Mongo Chiefdom- Falaba District, Perri ChiefdomPujehun District and Bagbo Chiefdom-Bo District
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To facilitate health and nutrition and HIV/AIDS development activities at the Area Programme level through community and
other partner’s capacity building, networking, partnership and participation in health & nutrition planning, implementation,
monitoring and evaluation.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
• Carry out need’s assessment and reviews in communities to determine development interventions that are required
• Coordinate the preparation of Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS projects plans and budgets within the cluster
• Ensure availability of qualitative and quantitative Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS data and information for input into Horizon report.
• Build capacity of Development Facilitators, volunteers, communities, Church and Government partners and other partners in Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS issues.
• Participate in children (including Registered Child and the most vulnerable) mapping and monitoring processes in communities to ensure participation of children (including Registered Child and the most vulnerable) and their families in Area Programme activities.
• Facilitate communication between registered child and their sponsors and ensure that Sponsorship Key Performance indicators are met in the different Area Programmes.
• Participate in registered child monitoring and data processing for marketing.
• Ensure implementation of Audit and Risk Assessment recommendations in Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS
projects and their impact areas within the Area Programmes.
• Facilitate and report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on Health, Nutrition and HIV/ AIDS activities,
outputs and outcomes in Area Programme communities
• Ensure representation of World Vision International Sierra Leone Area Programme office and Provincial events
related to Health, Nutrition and HIV/AIDS where World Vision is invited and report on them to the programmes
WVI GENERAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Be Safe and Resilient
• Build Relationships
• Learn and Develop
• Partner and Collaborate
• Deliver Results
• Be Accountable
• Improve and Innovate
• Embrace Change
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Educational level required:
BA/Bsc Degree in Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health, or Community Health Management.
• Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (certification in Health)
3 years in development facilitation.
If this position appeals to you, send a letter of application with your updated CV to the email address: [email protected].
Applications sent through any other means will not be accepted.
Please ensure that the subject reads ‘Application for the position of ‘Technical Development Facilitator Health’.
Referees of successful candidates will be contacted and each application should include referees’ current email and telephone numbers.
Closing Date: August 16, 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision International Sierra Leone takes diligent measures to screen out people who might seek to work with them to ensure they do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries in the discharge of their duties. Successful candidate for this position will therefore be screened and required to sign the World Vision Child and Adult
Safeguarding Policy. World Vision International Sierra Leone will also conduct Police check for successful applicants.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Salary Offers Very Attractive + other services
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5