START DATE:1st October 2018
DURATION OF CONTRACT: Six (6) months
LOCATION: East Freetown
NUMBER OF POSITIONS : 1 (One)
PROBATION PERIOD– 2 months
SUPERVISED BY : WASH Program Manager
Job Objective: Follow up the CLTS Intervention; Hygiene promotion & safe sanitation practices in the catchment of supported CHCs in Moyamba & Kambia districts.
Under the supervision of WASH Program Manager, the WASH Software Head of Project:
Objective 1 : Developing and Coordinating CLTS intervention strategy ; Hygiene promotion & safe sanitation practices in the CHC’s catchment.
- Collect baseline information’s and latrine assessment survey in the catchment
- Conduct initial and refresher training of community groups
- Design mass activities campaign
- Conduct CLTS stakeholders orientation workshop
- Conduct training of staff and natural leaders on CLTS & Prepare implementation approaches
- Design activities for the commemoration of global hand washing day, world toilet day & water day.
- Conduct follow up /monitoring visits & verification
- Organize & lead community exchange visit to ODF villages.
- Prepare weekly progress and contribute to the monthly activity reports .
Objective 2 :Training , project supervision and follow up
- Train the hygiene promoters on approach of CLTS + and safe practices on sanitation and hygiene promotion.
- Participate in the community sensitization on CLTS; Focus group discussion on HP & Safe hygiene practices.
- Select villages in the catchment of the CHCs for CLTS intervention.
- Initiate meetings with natural leaders and prominent members of the community on the objective of the project.
- Proceed on focus group discussion with village households and elaborate the need for safe excreta disposal.
- Conduct transient walk with the community leaders and members of the HHs in the OD area.
- Analyse and sensitize the community members the link between the OD site and drinking water sources in times of rain and ways of contamination of water sources.
- Conduct pre-triggering and triggering the community..
- Continue monitoring and follow up the progress of latrine development.
- Organize ODF celebration.
- Objective 3: Reporting and coordination
- Ensure horizontal coordination with RMNCH staffs, M&E and software trainer to implement RMNCH services in hospital and CHC;
- Weekly update the situation in the catchment of the CHC to the DPM
Objective 4 : Representation and collaboration
- Represent ACF in different technical and stakes meetings in due absence of PM/DPM
- Coordinate with WASH in CHC project staffs and integrate the hardware and software components to see the cumulative impact of the project
- Closely work with RMNCH service trainer in hospitals and CHC’s
- BSC / Diploma in public Health..
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in Human Resources/Administration
- Experience in a similar organization is an added advantage.
Required Competence and Skills:
- Analytical and global public health standards and approaches
- Organizational skills
- Flexibility, Dynamism and Creativity
- Communication skills (
- Computer skills- Knowledge ’s on CLTS & WASH in community.
- Ability to drive a motorbike with valid driving license.
- Fluent in writing and spoken English
Application Procedures: Motivation letter, CV with names of three (3) referees to be addressed to:
The Human Resources Head of Department , Action Against Hunger,
10 Sall Drive, Cockle bay
Off Aberdeen Road
Or by Email to: [email protected]
Or at our Field Offices
Moyamba: Sembehun Road, Moyamba
East Freetown: 10 New Diversion, Old railway line, Ojuku Junction, Lower Allen Town
Deadline for the receipt of applications is Friday, 14th September 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Action Against Hunger for a written test and interview. Please mark position applied for at the top right hand of envelope. ACF is an equal opportunity Employer.
Please be informed that this is National Position and the terms and conditions of Sierra Leonean employees apply.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT A COPY OF APPLICATION LETTER, CV AND CERTIFICATES SHOULD BE Advert – WASH Software HOPSUBMITTED TO THE NGO DESK OFFICER, MINISTRY OF LABOUR, NEW ENGLAND, FREETOWN.